Yumm!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine Gluten Free Sugar Cookies



These were great!!! I tried another recipe before and was not impressed. I loved doing stuff like this when I was younger and want my kids to have the same opportunities. The picture of Jackson shows exactly why I take the time to research gluten free recipies and rejoice when I make good food.
3/4 cup unsalted butter (I only had salted and it worked)
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup potato starch
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/4 cup sweet rice flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/4 tsp salt
Using electric mixer beat butter and sugar together until creamy. Add egg and vanilla. Mix in all dry ingredients and beat until smooth. Roll out dough between two sheets of wax paper and chill in the fridge. Cut into what ever shaped cookies you want and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes on greased cooking sheet. Edges should be slight golden brown. Store cookies for three days at room temp and freeze after that. You can top with what ever frosting, candies or sprinkles you like. I made a frosting out of powder sugar, food coloring and milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment