Yumm!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Gluten Free Lasagna


I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of the lasagna when I made it... but sometimes pictures speak louder than words. This lasagna was GONE as fast as I could dish it out. This was the last reheated 2 day old piece... so next time I make it I will get a better picture. Every bit as delicious as regular lasagna.
1 pound of hamburger
1 box of gluten free lasagna noodles
1 2 lb container of cottage cheese
1 egg
Big bag of mozzarella cheese
1 jar of spagetti sauce (watch for flours added to them)
Sliced cheese
Any other items you want to add such as mushrooms, green peppers, etc.
Brown the hamburger and drain the juices. Add the spagetti sauce. Mix the cottage cheese and egg together. Spray the bottomo f the pan and layer as follows.
Hamburger, Uncooked noodles, cottage cheese mixture, cheese. Depending on how many layers you want you need to spread it thin or thick. I usually do two layers and end with the mozzarella cheese.. BUT.. a friend of ours made some lasagna and ended it with sliced american cheese. That was delicious. It added just a little different flavor. It was delicious!!
Cook in the oven at 425 for 1 hour if frozen or 30-45minutes if not frozen. Let it sit for a bit and firm up then enjoy!! If I make 2lbs of spagetti and have a pound leftover I will make lasagna but in a smaller pan. It is wonderful reheated as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment