Yumm!

Friday, February 19, 2010

Gluten Free Black Bean Soup



I love Black Beans, well, any kind of beans. Black bean soup reminds me of going to Panera Bread in the cities with my BFF Tracy. We used to do that and sit there and eat great soups, munch on delicious bread and enjoy our "talks". I found this recipe and changed it a tad to suit my liking!
2 cans of condensed chicken broth
3 cups of water
4 cans (15oz) black beans, undrained
1 can of diced tomatos with peppers
1/2 tsp cumin (I like more in mine but season to taste)
In a blender puree 2 cans of the black beans until smooth. Pour into soup pot along with water, other two cans of undrained black beans and chicken broth. Stir in tomatos (can use salsa too) and cumin. Simmer for 10 minutes. Serve with shreaded cheese, green onions and sour cream! YUM! I also used the soup for a topping on my taco salad. I just drained the liquid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment