Yumm!

Friday, February 19, 2010

Gluten Free Granola Bars


I love making these. They are wonderful to have on hand as a "healthier" snack than cookies and I feel better about feeding these to the kids than store bought. I control the ingredients. These show chocolate chips in them but they are from last year. I just made a batch today and omitted the chocolate chips because we gave up candy for lent. In its place I added extra coconut and assorted nuts. They are delicious! Thanks Tonya for the recipe!
1 cup brown sugar. They are sweet so Tonya suggested using 3/4 cup and that is what I do.
1/2 cup honey
2/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 Cups quick oats
1/2 cups sunflower seeds
1/3 cup wheat germ or ground flax
2 Tbls seasame seeds
1/2 cup coconut
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Mix first 5 ingredients until smooth. Mix in rest of ingredients and bak in a 9X13 inch pan at 400 for 15 minutes or until done. Cool to room temp before trying to cut. They are delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment