Yumm!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Gluten Free Belgian Waffles.

I LOVE belgian waffles. It was always something I ordered for breakfast at Perkins when I lived in the cities. When I found a recipe for belgian waffles I had to try it. They came out fluffy on the inside yet crispy on the outside. Just like they were supposed to. The smell is to die for. This is the perfect addition to a Sunday Brunch and no one will feel like they are missing out. I would suggest investing in a flip waffle maker because it does cook the waffle evenly. This would also be a great substitute for Strawberry Shortcake for dessert!

1 cup brown or white rice flour
1/4 cup potato starch
1/4 cup tapioca flour/starch (same thing)
1 tsp of sugar (can use substitutes)
2 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of salt
2 eggs or 4 egg whites
1/4 cup oil
1 1/2 cup buttermilk or regular milk... (have never tried buttermilk)

Mix all ingredients together until smooth. If it is runny add a bit more flour.. if too thick more milk. I have added mushed up bananas to this and the kids loved it. We have been known to drop a few chocolate chips into the batter :) Sky is the limit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment