Yumm!

Monday, February 8, 2010

Gluten Free Banana Bread


We enjoyed a GREAT weekend with friends at a townhome in Alexandria MN. While I did bring my safe foods... I salavated over what the other ladies brought.. Lasagna and Banana Bread...SOOO.. I made a gluten free Lasagna and Banana Bread this morning. The outcome.. Bread.. AMAZING. I am going to make it into a muffin next time. It fell apart a bit but I think that was because we didn't wait for it to cool down.. we HAD to dig right in.
2 small ripe bananas
1 egg
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup potato starch
1/2 cup corn starch
4 tsp baking powder (I used about 4 1/2 to puff it up)
3/4 tsp xanthan gum
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp coriander (I didn't have but used all spice)
1/4 tsp salt.
Preheat oven to 350. In large bowl mash bananas well. Mix in egg, brown sguar, oil, milk and vanilla. Add potato starch, cornstarch, baking powder, xanthan gum, baking soda, salt and coriander and mix well. Batter will be think. Pour into greased loaf pan (or these would make great muffins). Bake approx 40 minutes until knife comes out clean from center of loaf. Allow to cool (critical step I neglected). Refrigerate or freeze extra servings but we don't anticipate any extras.. it is THAT good!! WONDERFUL. I will try substituting some healthier items like egg whites and apple sauce next time but this was a great recipe and one we will be keeping around.

No comments:

Post a Comment