Yumm!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Gluten Free Special Chex Bars

So who doesn't like an ooey gooey Special K Bar every now and again. I was mistaken when I thought that rice krispies were gluten free.. then I thought that special k and corn flakes were gluten free. WRONG. SO, what do I always turn to. CHEX! I had an open box of rice and corn chex and whipped these up one morning with my partner in crime.. Jenna

6 cups of Rice/Corn Chex. Honey Nut would be AWESOME
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 bag of chocolate chips
1/2 bag of butterscotch chips

Put corn syrup, peanut butter and white sugar into microwave bowl and heat for 30 second intervals. Stir after every 30 second interval. Continue until it is fully melted and just bubbling. Pour melted mix over the cereal and stir to incorporate. Put the chocolate chips into a bowl and heat in microwave for 30 second intervals until melted. Again mix at every 30 second interval. Pour melted chips over the bars and let cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment