Yumm!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Gluten Free Apple Muffins


Awe.. the smell of sweet success. Actually it reminds me of the saying "Don't reinvent the wheel". Jackson and I love muffins and especially apple muffins. I think often of the days when I had the HUGE muffins from Perkins.. YUUM! Well, I tried a recipe yesterday and it was a DISASTER. Didn't taste horrible but just didn't taste. So, back to the drawing board... or is it! We love the apple cake soo much that I decided to make them into muffins! It worked, well, kind of. I put too much batter in each so it didn't rise as much in the middle and I had to cook it a bit longer than I should but next time I will be making these again with a bit less batter in the tins. I made a cream cheese/powder sugar frosting and it is DELICIOUS!!!!
See apple cake recipe posted earlier (I did lessen the sugar to 1/2 cup white sugar and added 2 Tbls honey)
I also made a frosting for it.
1 block of fat free cream cheese
4 tsp butter
3/4 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups powder sugar (or until the consistancy that you like)

It made a ton of frosting but it stores great in the fridge or freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment