Yumm!

Friday, March 12, 2010

Gluten Free, Lower Fat Peanut Butter Bread

I was just searching for new ideas on the internet (as I do quite a bit) and came across this bread. I LOVE banana bread but wanted something a bit different. This was the ticket. I modified it to our liking and it turned out great. It is a denser bread but amazing none the less!!!

Modified from recipe found on recipezaar

3 very ripe bananas
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup of egg whites
3 Tbls unsweetened applesauce
3 Tbls peanut butter
2 cups oats, blended to turn it into a flour texture (I used my magic bullet)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup of white sugar or splenda
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
nuts, chocolate chips, flax seed.. what ever else you want.
Next time I may add a Tbls of honey too.. yumm!!

Mash bananas in a bowl or squeeze them out of the skins. Add next 4 ingredients and mix. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Pur iinto greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes (mine was closer to 1hr 5 minutes). Let cool before cutting... um.. couldn't wait that long!! I am sitting here eating a piece as I type.. DELICIOUS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment