Yumm!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Gluten Free Fried Rice


I LOVE fried rice. Here's the thing. I don't eat it at restaurants because I don't know what they put in it. Well, a girlfriend of mine gave me her recipe and I just adapted it to our liking. I am winging it as I type because I just added a bit of this and that. It was DELICIOUS! This meal was AMAZING! I marinated steak in teriyaki sauce/liquid smoke all day. (Tip, stab the heck out of the meat to tenderize it). The shrimp was just boiled. It was an AMAZING MEAL!!
2 cups of rice (I used brown rice. NEEDS TO BE COLD so cook the day prior)
4 Tbls soy sauce
1/4 tsp sesame oil
3/4 cup green onion
1/2 cup onion
3 Tbls canola oil
1 cup of pork (cut into small pieces)
3 eggs - slightly beaten
salt
pepper
Heat the oil in a fry pan until hot. Add onions,peas and any other veggis and cook for 3 minutes. Push to the side add rice and let cook. don't mess with it too much or it will get mushy. Make a well in the middle of the rice and add the eggs. Let the eggs cook until it is set. Mix the rice and eggs together, add the soy sauce and sesame oil. Toss until mixed. This was just as good the second day heated up as the first!
Any other veggies or additions you want

No comments:

Post a Comment