Yumm!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Gluten Free White Cake

I am gearing up for Jenna's Birthday party in May and have been searching for a bithday cake that I can make that EVERYONE can eat and no one will care if it is gluten free. THIS MAY BE IT! Jenna wants a Nemo cake and after taste testing this recipe I found from baking beauties it is my #1 choice! ENJOY!!!!

2 eggs
1/3 cup skim milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp almond flavoring
6Tbls Canola oil (I only had 1 Tbls in house so used 5 Tbls more of applesauce)
1/2 cup white rice flour
1/3 cup plus 1 Tbls tapioca flour
1/3 cup potato starch
1/4 tsp xanthan gum
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 Tbls rainbow sprinkles (make sure gluten free)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 10 muffin tins or 8x8 pan with non stick spray. Mix first 5 ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Mix together remaining ingredients. Stir in flours to the wet ingredients and mix only until combined. Scoop into muffin tins or pour into bowl. Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes for muffins or 30-35 minutes for cake or until toothpick comes out clean in the center of the muffins or cake. Let cool. Frost and ENJOY! PLEASE NOTE. Be careful of commercial frostings. Not all have gluten in them but a lot do. I used my cream cheese frosting and it was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment