Yumm!

Friday, April 23, 2010

Gluten Free Carrot and Oatmeal Cookies


I adapted this recipe from a WIC recipe that I saw and HAD to try. I LOVE carrot cake but don't always like making it. THIS.. I can do plus it is a healthier treat for the kiddos and me!
2/3 cup butter or margarine (I used less...maybe 3Tbs the butter i have has no measurements on it... Sams Club brand.. can you work on that please)
2/3 cup sugar (next time I would like to do half of this in sugar and half in maple syrup)
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg white
1/2 cup white rice flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 oz baby food carrots
1 1/2 cups oatmeal

Heat oven to 350 degres. Cream margarine/butter, sugar and vanilla. Add flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix in baby food, oatmeal and egg whites. You could also add nuts or rasins if you want but my family is not a big fan of them in cookies. Drop by spoonfulls onto a cookie sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes. The recipe said to frost if desired but man, I don't think they need it!! DELICIOUS and definatly a keeper!



No comments:

Post a Comment