Yumm!

Monday, April 26, 2010

Gluten Free Chocolate Cake

Isn't that a beautiful thing?? I have been trying to find a gluten free cholcoate cake recipe that would work for my daughters 3rd birthday party and that EVERYONE would eat. Well I think this is it. I am not a huge cake fan but this is pretty darn good. Moist, nice texture, fluffy and great chocolate flavor. Paired with my mother in laws frosting recipe.. I think it is a keeper!

3/4 cup white rice flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/4 cup potato starch
1/2 cup cocoa
1/ cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp xanthan gum
5 Tbls cooking oil (next time will try replacing with some applesauce)
1 Bls vinegar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 egg white (again.. going to try to do 2 egg whites)
1 cup water

Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add all liquid ingredients and mix well. Bake in greased 9" square pan at 350 F for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. DELICOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment